We are so happy to be open again and to see our patients! As you come to the office, you will very clearly see that we have implemented extra changes to make sure you are safe. The health and safety of you, your family and our community are our #1 priority. This is a challenging time and we appreciate your willingness to comply with the new protocol that exceeds the standards and orders given to us from The American Dental Association (ADA), The Colorado Dental Association (CDA), and Governor Polis.
We have implemented the following updates to comply with new regulations
- If you are sick or have been recently exposed to COVID-19, we ask you to reschedule your appointment and follow isolation guidelines.
- We have implemented a “Virtual Waiting Room” - We ask that you text or call the office at 303-688-3860 upon your arrival and wait in your vehicle for us to call you into the office. (Please be patient, the check-in/check-out process is time-consuming as we allow patients to enter and exit the office one by one.)
- Only patients will be allowed into the office to help maintain social distancing. (A parent or caregiver will be allowed to join a minor patient in the operatory if they are wearing a mask) We ask that other family members not enter the office.
- Anyone entering the office must be wearing your own face mask, including the patient. Due to extreme shortages, we cannot provide face masks or gloves.
- All patients (and even our staff and doctors) will have their temperature checked upon entering the office with a temporal forehead thermometer. Patients with a temperature of greater than 100.4 will be asked to reschedule their appointment. All patients will be required to answer these COVID-19 specific questions prior to starting their appointment:
- Do you have a fever or abnormal temperature?
- Have you experienced shortness of breath or had trouble breathing?
- Do you have a dry cough?
- Do you have a runny nose?
- Do you have a loss of taste and/or smell?
- Do you have a sore throat?
- Have you or a family member been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19?
- Have you experienced any of the above-listed symptoms in the last 14 days?
If you cannot answer no to all the above questions, we will gladly reschedule you for a later date.
- We are open only for scheduled appointments, no walk-ins will be allowed.
- Our Dental Team’s normal PPE (personal protective equipment) included scrubs, gloves, face mask, protective eyewear, and lab coat. On top of all that, our team is now also wearing a protective gown over their clothes, an N95 face mask, a face shield, and a hair cap. Our front office staff will also be in scrubs, a face mask, and protective eyewear. (Don't worry, we are still smiling even though you cannot see it!)
- Our office has always had outstanding sterilization and cleaning protocol. We have recently added extra measures to exceed the current standards for dental care in order to help keep our patients and staff safe.
- We are diligently working through extensive lists of patients that have requested appointments, as well as the patients that need appointments rescheduled from the past 5 weeks that we were closed. We ask for your continued patience as we move forward, and we will get to everyone as quickly as we possibly can.
We thank you for your understanding and patience as we are all adapting to these changes in office protocol.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.